Sunday, November 16, 2008

Time to Potty Train?



I don't know if it is just his genetics or if he needs to learn to use the potty. Riley is our little nudist, as was his father, hence I say genetics! If he does not have pants on over his diaper, the diaper is usually off within milliseconds. He will tell me when he is dirty, but refuses to use the toilet, or even sit on it. So, we have resorted to duct tape. He doesn't appreciate the fact that his diaper is stuck, but I don't like seeing him streak by me several times a day! Fortunately, he has only taken off a poopy diaper once and we caught him before he destroyed anything. So if you have any tips on potty training a boy (I lack the utensils, if you will), please let me know!

4 comments:

Trimble said...

He he...duct tape, clever!

Anonymous said...

The only thing that got Aidan potty trained was the novelty of peeing outside, sorry that doesn't help much in winter maybe you can keep Riley taped up until spring :)

Unknown said...

That's too funny - I had to go get my Mom to show her (she works with me). My one nephew was potty trained by being allowed to pee outside too. Weird how boys are! Let me know what works. I will need to do this in a few years!

Maren said...

Duct tape. LOL.
Whatever works to avoid poopy messes, I say.