Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bates or Beetlejuice?

Ok, all of you wanted pics of our new surroundings. When Wes first sent me pictures of our new home, I was a little leary. My very first thoughts were "REEE REEE REEE" shower scene from "Psycho". I thought it looked just like the infamous Bates' Motel. My brother said he thought it looked just like the house from "Beetlejuice". Thanks to Jenny I got some images, thanks Jenny!!



What do you think?

Despite my worst nightmares, I actually like the house a lot. Let me tell you a little about Gillette. It is what you would call a transient town. Which means most of the people are only temporary residents. They, like us, are here for the job and when the job is done, they are gone. Well, that also means that those people are not going to buy a home just to turn around a few months later and try to sell it, so they rent. Are you with me yet? The town is basically one giant apartment building. Thus, our neighborhood. From afar, it looks like Park City with their Condos all in a row. Well, here it is one apartment or duplex after another. We were one of the very few lucky ones that got a house. And when I say lucky, I mean REALLY lucky. We got the last possible home for rent that allowed pets until the end of December. So I have yet to adjust to the atmosphere here, but for now I am content to stay at home and endure the never-ending Princess, Barbie, Diego/Dora, and Backyardigans DVDs we watch. Believe you me, I could sing or recite almost every word or song in all of the above that we own!! We are still waiting for our cable (tuesday-yeah), and I am not saying that watching tv all day is a great alternative, but when you are stuck in a two-horse town (it is way better than Evanston), it is all that we have.

4 comments:

Trimble said...

I'm glad you're enjoying where you live. That's always a good thing! :) BTW - all you have to do to get pics like the Beetlejuice home on here is to do a Google images search (or anywhere else), find the picture you want, right click and save then you upload it to your post like you do your other pictures. Hopefully that makes sense in case you want to do it later.

Wendy Peay said...

Thanks Jenny, who new it was that simple!! Wes made it sound way more complicated!

Unknown said...

That house does look a bit scary - but it looks fun. Nothing like I've seen in Utah. What are your surroundings like? Can you go for walks in the country :)? That would be nice! What's the weather like there? I know ... I make it sound like it's a different country. Just wondering!

Maren said...

I vote Beetlejuice. I think it's fun to be living in a different place. And I'm glad you got a house. I'm wondering if there are any trees in Gilette, though.