Thursday, March 5, 2009

Holy nostalgia Batman!!


Hailey had been bugging me to let her spend her Christmas money. So, Wes and I took the kids to the dollar store the other night (fun family time indeed!). While Hailey was trying to decide which toy she wanted, Riley was more intrigued by the quarter machines. I gave him a couple of his quarters and one of his treasures was this puzzle ball. I was immediately transplanted back to about 1995 and at a drill competition. Jenny, you should understand this!! For some stupid, yet, pleasurable reason, these puzzle balls kept us entertained for many an hour at competetions between routines. I mean, what else is there to do besides scope out boys, the competition and sleep. So, we had puzzle balls. Oh, the memories...

3 comments:

Trimble said...

:D hehe. LOVE those balls. I had those for forever and I think they would STILL keep me entertained for hours. Did we get those at the Heber competition, do you remember? It seems like we bought them at Granny's.

The Olsons said...

I remember these balls too! I haven't seen them for a long time, but it would sure be fun to play with one again.

Wendy Peay said...

I was thinking it was Heber, so maybe it was if you do too! How fun