Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Joys of Motherhood

WARNING: This post is about poop. So if you have an aversion to that particular subject, don't read.

I love my children dearly, but sometimes kids do things that are um...for lack of a better word, STUPID!! And as a parent, we sometimes get stuck with paying the consequences of those stupid moments. My dear Hailey, swallowed a nickel last night. No, she did not choke on it-it just went down. She was a little freaked out and thought she might be in trouble. Well, I wasn't real sure what to do and Wes is out of town for school. Actually I was on the phone with him when she did it. He didn't know what to do either and told me to call the parents. I tried both sets and finally got a hold of Janice. She told me what I thought about, let her poop it out. Ok cool, I can do that and no emergency rooms are involved. Well then she decided she would call her surgical nurse cousin and call me back. Same thing, poop it out, BUT...I hate buts! Watch her poo and make sure that it has actually come out. So guess what I get to do for the next couple days? YUP, I get to glove up and physically check the poo. YAY!! Without any more details, I will just say ew and I love being a mom!! I will let you know if/when I find it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yuck! Keep us updated on her poop :). How was your 30th bday? Any pictures?

Lesley said...

OH HOW FUN! EVERY POOP IS LIKE A TREASURE HUNT, THINK OF IT AS BEING PAID, VERY, VERY UNDER PAID FOR DEALING WITH POO.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you...I'm just glad it's not me! Are you going to save the nickel?

Amber Lee said...

Ha! That's the best post entry ever! Love motherhood!