Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy 30th Wes

For Wes' 30th birthday, he and I took a bike ride down to St. George. It was a very LONG and painful ride for me since the longest I have ridden before that was to Orem!! It took us about six hours to get there with all the breaks I needed, not to mention the rain storm we encountered in Fillmore. We pulled over there and waited that out for about 45 minutes. We ran into some more rain down by Parowan and rode through it. It was cold, and I'll tell you what, those nice little rain drops are not so nice when you are going through them at 75 mph! Anyway we finally made it and thank goodness for spa tubs! Our purpose in going all that way was this trailer. We found it online and it was a steal. Our intention was for Wes to take it to Kansas and live in it, now he will live in it in Evanston. Happy Birthday Sweetie!

2 comments:

Maren said...

Claim you aren't crazy all you want. I now believe differently. However, I'm proud of you for doing it. I think I would have fallen over in Fillmore and refused to get up.

Talbot Family said...

Holy Moley, what an adventure. The crazy part of this is I am thinking, "I would love to ride my bike to St. George". What planet am I from? Way to go girl. Good luck to Wes.